These are a simple Latin dish that anyone can make including huevos rancheros. The whole family can enjoy this dish makes for a perfect breakfast with simple ingredients that are healthy and delicious. We at workthathealth love to make this food when we are surrounded by family because anyone can eat them no matter what their preferences are. I like to create a taco bar setting to accommodate anyone of my family and friends, whether its a picky two year old or a teen who is on a gluten- free diet, whatever that means.
- flour or corn tortillas (depending on your preference)
- 1/4th of a green bell pepper
- 1/2 of a tomato
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1/4th of a chopped onion
- shredded cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste ( optional)
- Dice the tomato, green bell pepper, onions, and mushrooms
- Add butter or margarine to a skillet ( or whatever you may want to use to saute produce
- Turn your stove on to 3 or 4 depending on personal preference and stove variations
- Place the produce into the skillet when the skillet begins to warm up, until the produce is softened (softness is based on your preferences)
- Place the produce on a dish
- Add more of preferred butter or margarine to the skillet and crack the eggs into the skillet to make them over easy or over medium ( based on personal preference)
- when the eggs are finished, place them on the dish along with your produce
- Wash the skillet or use another one to heat your tortillas
- Place the tortillas on the skillet for about 30 seconds to heat them
- Place them on the dish also
- Prepare your “Huevos Rancheros” any way you would like after you have finished with everything based on your preference
Serving Size: 2 huevos rancheros (tacos)
- Add or omit any produce selections and proportions of those produces based on personal tastes.
- Huevos Rancheros can be a vegetarian dish as described in the ingredients above or you can add more protein such as chorizo, which is a great protein addition to any breakfast.
- Using eggs for this dish can be substituted with egg whites or other choices.