Detail of Healthy Key Lime Pie
It’s got the perfect combination of tart and sweet, rich and creamy, and healthy and delicious! You’d never know this tangy, sweet, and ultra creamy pie recipe is low in sugar, low fat, high protein, and gluten free.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
- 2½ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (you can use storebought or homemade!)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅔ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Natural Butter Flavor
- one batch Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk (made with 1 tsp Xanthan Gum, not ½ tsp)
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- 10g (1 tbs, packed) Corn Starch
- 57g (¼ cup) Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Key Lime Zest
- ¾ cup Key Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together all of the ingredients. Press the mixture into a 9.5″ pie dish. Bake for 13 minutes, or until fragrant and firm. Let cool while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and egg yolks. Whisk in the corn starch, then whisk in the yogurt and lime zest.
- Last, whisk in the lime juice. It will look curdled at first, but just whisk it vigorously and it will become smooth. Mixture should be very thick, like pudding. Scoop the mixture into the crust and bake for ~16 minutes, or until set (when you move the pan, the center should jiggle slightly but stay in place, like jello)
- Let cool for ~2 hours, then cover and refrigerate overnight. Slice, serve, and enjoy!1.
I think my brain just exploded. Only 250 calories for a decadent slice of authentic-tasting, tart, and sweet Key Lime Pie. PLUS 10 g of protein! No, you’re not dreaming. You will enjoy while you are eating without thinking of how many hours that I have to work out and this is real.